Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Mothers Day

"Motherhood is a choice you make everyday, to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is... and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong." 



I am feeling so much more confident in my role as a mother this year as opposed to last year. Don't get me wrong, being a mom is HARD! I won't sit here and pretend that I love every second of motherhood, because I don't. But that doesn't mean i don't love being a mom, because i really truly do! And even though their are so many times when I question myself, "am I giving her enough? Am I loving her enough? Am I teaching her everything she needs to be successful?" And a million other things, I know their isn't anyone else that can love her the way I can! No one else knows her likes and dislikes like i do. I think so many times as moms we are so hard on ourselves wishing we could do more or be more, when just loving our babies is enough! Being a mom is my most important and precious accomplishment in my life thus far. I'm so grateful I have such amazing examples of strong and beautiful moms surrounding me in my life that I'm constantly looking up to and learning from.

Matt made me feel so special all day and kept telling me what I great mom I am and how much he appreciates me. But The best part of Mother's Day was when Sloane took a nap on me, which seriously hasn't happen since she was a few months old! The best!



No comments:

Post a Comment