Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Potty Training

The last few weeks Sloane has shown a lot of interest in the potty. (She loves to get on a pretend to wipe her bottom haha) I know she is still pretty young, but I figured why not go for it? If it doesn't work out we can always try again in a few months. Potty training has been a HUGE learning experience for me and it has tested my patience soooo much!!

I really tried to talk up how fun it will be to go potty like a big girl and wear princess panties, etc, etc. We went to the store and picked out a bunch of prizes, candy, drinks, all that fun stuff.  The first 2 days were enough to make me question if my life was still worth living. haha jk, but for reals it was rough! At the end of the second day I decided that it just wasn't going to work and that I would try again in a couple months. Well the next day Sloane was asking to go to the potty and didn't have ANY accidents the whole day and even went #2 (first and only time so far haha). She actually has been doing pretty good since then. Most of the time I have to tell her to go, and some times she still puts up a fight about it. She still has accidents here and there, but we are definitely making progress. Im only a week in, so we will see how it goes. Here is to praying we are done with diapers sometime in the near future. Plus I just love seeing her little bum in underwear!








showing Sloane that her dolls wear underwear and go potty too!













Going poop on the potty prize! 







1 comment:

  1. putting the undies on the toys was a good idea!! Go momma! Go Sloane! ;)

    ReplyDelete