Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Pregnancy Update

I will be 22 weeks tomorrow, so i've made it over the half way point! It's gone by so slow and so fast all at the same time! I'm hoping with all the holidays coming up this last 1/2 will fly by! I haven't been sick since around 19 weeks (thank the sweet one!) so i'm really hoping that i'm just over being sick at this point. We had our anatomy scan on Monday and what a huge sigh of relief to say that everything looks strong and healthy and all organs and limbs are healthy and accounted for. I'm actually shocked that i didn't start crying of happiness! haha! Matt kept telling me that everything was going to be ok and that i was crazy for getting so worked up about this appointment, but seriously guys just don't get it! haha! We also got confirmation that she is still very much a girl! (i really was kind of worried) It is so awesome to be able to see your baby, i think especially for Matt since guys don't really get to experience it like we do. It was so special to watch Matt look up at the baby and hear him ask about different things and what everything meant.

I have been able to feel the baby kick since about 18 weeks and I seriously love it so much! Sometimes i will push on my belly or lay on my side to try and get her to kick. It seriously is the best feeling ever! I'm excited for the kicks to get stronger and more frequent. Matt has had a hard time feeling the baby kick, every time i tell him to feel my stomach she stops kicking haha! He has felt her kick a few times but said she stops because she already hates him, haha so i told him maybe he should stop making fun of her moccasins. Who knows, she might warm up to him! haha!

So i'm officially in maternity clothes. I can still fit in to most of my shirts, but they are definitely looking tight, i think the biggest problem is them not being long enough. Pants on the other hand-- I've pretty much given up on the rubber band trick, it's way too uncomfortable! so i'm just embracing maternity pants. They really are more comfortable, but i feel like i'm always pulling them up and they are definitely not flattering! I wish they just fit like my normal pants, but with a belly band ya know, i mean is that really too much to ask? Getting bigger has actually been a lot harder than i thought it would be. Obviously i knew i was going to get bigger when i got pregnant, but it still sucks, like really sucks! Even though i'm getting bigger because i'm pregnant i still want to feel good about myself, and a lot of the time i just don't! I've already had several melt downs in the closet (poor matt) haha! The scary part is that i'm not even that big.. i know i'm going to get like way way bigger! I can only imagine the melt downs to come! haha!

Sometimes pregnancy is hard, but i could not be more grateful for such an amazing little miracle! I know some woman spend years trying to get pregnant, and for it to happen for us so fast has been such a humbling experience. We already love this baby so so much and are so excited for her to come!

I always told myself i would be good about documenting pregnancy..
this is my first bump pic haha. oops!


pictures from our latest ultrasound :)








No comments:

Post a Comment