Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

35 Weeks


I seriously cant believe i made it to 35 weeks. I remember thinking that i would never make it this far.. because it seemed so far away haha! I feel like im so close to the end, but on the other hand i feel like its still so far away. At my last doctors appt. i set my induction date, which means if i don't go naturally i will get induced on March 30th (which is 9 days after my due date! ewh!) Hopefully she will decide to come a little sooner, for some reason i kind of feel like she will.. but who knows!

The thought of giving birth actually really scares me.. like a lot! i dont know why? Every other person in the world does it.. so i dont know why it makes me so nervous. I guess maybe its just the unknown that is a little frightening. (or the fact that i read way too many blogs!) I've never given birth before.. so i literally have no idea what to expect. Even just being pregnant has been a little hard for me, all of this is so new to me, and i feel like no one tells you a lot of stuff. like about all the anxiety you get worrying about this little life inside of you. why doesn't anyone tell you?

Other than being afraid of birth &  feeling extremely large, i feel pretty good! She is still moving around like crazy, and most days it feels like she is trying to bust out of me! Since things are getting a little cramped it sometimes even hurts a little bit, but i love love love it! There is truly nothing like feeling your baby moving inside of you, and i know its something i'm really going to miss.

I am still sleeping pretty good, mostly just toss and turn a lot. i haven't started getting too uncomfortable quit yet, but i have tried sleeping with a body pillow, and haven't liked it at all! i've also started getting really hot at night so i'll turn the fan on, our house is already set at 62 degrees so with the fan matt feels like its an icebox while im sweating my butt off!  haha! Most nights i will wake up around 2 or 3 and i cant go back to sleep for a few hours. Matt got me all the seasons of sex and the city for my birthday so usually i will go out in the family room and watch that or netflix til i can fall asleep again. so its not too bad.  Everyone tells you to get all the sleep you can before the baby comes.. but seriously i've never slept worse than when i've been pregnant! they should tell you to get all the sleep you can before you get pregnant! haha!

The last couple weeks i've had a harder time breathing. i feel like im always out of breath and i breath really loud like how fat people breath haha! We recently put a humidifier in our room, which seems to be helping when i sleep. Matt always asks me why im breathing so hard or why i am out of breath.. all i can say is "this is just how i breathe now ok!" or "maybe because their is a 5 pound baby sitting on my esophagus!" haha Matt got me some really cute hunter booties for my birthday and it took everything inside of me to get them on, it was seriously so hard and i was so out of breath after i decided i might just have to wait to wear them until after the baby comes. haha!

I went to a nursing class at the hospital a few weeks ago and im so glad i did. i feel like it was super informative, and hopefully it will help. I've been really nervous about breastfeeding because I feel like i don't really have very much support with deciding to nurse. i have even been on the fence about it myself. But i finally just decided that if i'm going to do it i need to be really committed. so wish me luck haha! Im also going to a coping with labor class in a couple weeks, because ever since i had my kidney stones summer thinks im a huge wimp haha! i swear im not.. it really was that bad!

We have pretty much finished the nursery minus a few little things, and i LOVE how it turned out!! Sometimes i will go in there and sit and just imagine what it will be like in a few short weeks with a little newborn. With Christmas and my birthday recently and summer giving me all of Reese's old clothes we have been able to get a lot of stuff for the baby, so I feel like we have a lot of stuff already, but then when i really think about it i can think of a million things that we still need. so im hoping at my baby shower in a couple weeks we can get all of the things we are still needing.

i know i should be cherishing this time just me and matt, and i know my life is about to change dramatically blah blah blah but i kinda get annoyed when people tell me stuff like that. haha! because lets be honest, who isn't going to be excited about their baby coming? especially their first baby! i won't lie and say i love all the discomforts of pregnancy, but i do love the reminder they give me of this beautiful little human i have growing inside of me. pregnancy really is amazing and i'm so grateful i've been able to experience it, but i cant wait until she is in my arms and i know she is safe and healthy.

sneak peak of the nursery..



2 comments:

  1. Well i've heard from several women (including my mom) that kidney stones are almost WORSE than labor because the pain doesn't go away, so... I think those things probably helped your pain tolerance a ton & got you ready for labor. :)

    ReplyDelete